Cystic Fibrosis Europe (CF Europe) and the Belgian CF association (Mucovereniging/ Association Muco) are jointly looking for 1 scientific officer to strengthen their teams. This is someone who is able to work for 2 organizations, at a national and international level, in close collaboration with the people s/he has to report to.
Cystic Fibrosis Europe (CF Europe) is the European federation of national CF Associations in Europe. CFE represents persons with CF and their families in Europe. Currently, national CF Associations from 39 European countries are member of CF Europe. CF Europe works in close collaboration with other international organisations and is an active partner in several European projects.
The Belgian CF Association (BCFA) is the national association of people with CF and their families. Together with the people with CF, their families, CF centres and caregivers the Association strives for a good, long and happy life for all people with CF.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Monitoring of developments and results in CF scientific Research
- Coordinating the activities of the (CF Europe) Patient Organizations’ Research Group
- Representing CF Europe and BCFA in scientific projects/activities and contacts with Medical and Scientific / Research Stakeholders
- Communicating on relevant research issues, results and developments, via presentations at board meetings and conferences, newsletters and website to national CF associations and patients
- Follow up in a re-active and pro-active way on new developments & questions of the CF community & the media concerning CF research
- Work from a patient perspective
- Have the medical background to be able to master and understand all the aspects of cystic fibrosis and scientific research.
- Analytical and accurate
- Independent and pro-active
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English and French, knowledge of Dutch is an asset
- Excellent communication skills both with fellow researchers and lay partners
- Preferably a PhD in the field of health sciences
- At least a few years of research experience
Workplace is at the BCFA in Brussels
Start date ASAP